Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fiesta

A couple weeks ago, we had our Mother/Daughter night. We went with a Mexican theme. One of the sisters in our ward had her mother-in-law come and demonstrate how to make homemade tortillas and then you could try rolling out your own if you wanted to. We had tacos, a pinata for the kids---that was it. It was pretty low-key and low-stress. I made these tissue paper pom-poms for the table centerpieces. I have wanted to try these out for a while--they are easy, but a pain and probably a lot cuter the bigger they are.

I did NOT use the orange one that night. It was my trial run--and I actually liked it the best.
I had seen this really cute wreath on a blog---it's from Fiskars. I thought it was SOOO cute--but when would I ever have cause to make something like this? Probably Never!!


....so change it to red, green, and white---it was looking very fiesta-ish. It was quite a LONG process--translation--not worth it for table decorations, so I only made one.

No comments:

Post a Comment