This is the locker....after it had been cleaned up a bit. It was actually in pretty good shape. I was not crazy about the cut out diamonds and it was missing the traditional locker tags. But, I wasn't going to be too picky.
I knew it was too big for my office. Something that tall in a small space would not look quite right, so we decided to cut it in half and use just half of it. So, after removing some doors, we cut it in half (meaning--Steve cut it in half). We really wanted to have two separate pieces, so we tried to be really precise in the cutting.
We opted to leave the legs on the bottom so it was raised. We had to add another leg because one was missing. Because we cut it in half, the top was now missing. To tie in with the rest of the office, we decided to put a stained wood block on the top. So the picture below shows the rough wood on top. I actually quite loved the original color of the locker before it was sanded down.
After several coats of pain and the top stained, distressed, and attached...this is the final product.
I absolutely love how it turned out. And those diamonds I didn't love to start with give it a lot of character. It has a lot of storage...I'm still on the quest to find the perfect baskets to put inside each cubby.