Thursday, July 3, 2014

4th of July and burlap

A couple months ago, I saw these really cool burlap canvases at Wal-Mart, so I bought them, knowing I would be able to do something fun with them. I've been looking at this cute burlap banner from Eighteen25 to make--but I've ran out of time (and I didn't have a foam brush when I went to make it), so I decided to use the same idea for the burlap canvases.





First, I gave the canvas a few coats of paint. I cut a star with my Silhouette, and used the negative space for my stencil.


 
Next, I used a foam dauber to make polka dots, and they were done. They were really quick and easy to make. I do wish I had an 8x10, so they were different sizes. Bonus: I can use the red polka dot for Valentine's Day decorations also.



No comments:

Post a Comment