Friday, July 12, 2013


I was in charge of doing tie-dye for Girl's Camp. Yeah---it's been about 18 years since I've tie-dyed anything. So, I turned to Pinterest and YouTube for help. I read a lot of articles and watched a few videos---I still didn't really know what I was doing--but oh well!! I ended up buying the Tulip tie-dye kits from Michael's.  We did a test run at the Family Reunion with this kit. It had spray bottles, which made for some fun designs, but we had quite a few of the bottles break, and we ended up unscrewing the lids and pouring the color on.
Using our knowledge of colors--we realized we only needed to have three colors, as they can make any other color you want--and to make the selection process quicker, for Girl's Camp I went with this kit.
The girls had a blast and it was SOOO fun to watch them unveil their shirts. Every single shirt was different. I loved how they looked hanging on the line between the trees.


1 comment:

  1. Wow Ashley those look great. You did an awesome job.