Sunday, December 26, 2010

Playhouse decorations

So, my niece was getting a play house for Christmas. My sister-in-law called me up and wanted to know if I would come up with some ideas to decorate the inside of it.  Now---one thing you probably don't know about me---I HATE decorating--I'm not good at it. If someone gives me a bunch of stuff and tells me to arrange, I'm good. But, to start from scratch--not my thing. So, I looked around for some ideas--then I remembered I had seen where someone had made their own art using a canvas. I thought that would be good. So, this is my "art"---which it totally NOT what it started out like, but I am way excited about it. Originally it was going to be green, I cut out vinyl stems and flowers.  Did NOT like it. Then I spray painted it brown--leaving the vinyl stems on. After it was dry, I lifted the vinyl off and had green stems. Then we made these flowers to put on. I really like how it turned out. I can't wait to try some more because it looks soooo cool. I also learned how to make these rolled flowers--easy, but a little time consuming. Now I can say I am and artist (which my kids at school will immediately tell you I am NOT;)



I hope I can get down there and take pictures of the other wall, which has some empty frames I spray-painted and then vinyl words. Then we made the cutest pink and brown curtains and apron to match. I think it turned out really cute. I hope she likes it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment