Friday, August 19, 2011

Classroom Makeover

Okay--I don't know that you could really call it a makeover---but i changed a lot. My classroom is very organized, I don't like a lot of stuff laying around or having boxes piled up or anything like that. I like it clean and orderly. Funny thing is I will have a couple kids each year comment on how clean the room always is (obviously other classrooms are not this way). So, I decided I wanted to have everything coordinate. I did not realize what a big undertaking this would be. I started with a bulletin board border that is turquoise with different colored polka dots and took my colors from that. I've already changed a few things and it is taking a little getting used to. But, I think I am starting to really like it. (the pictures aren't so great--but classrooms are horrible places for pictures)

 I started out with these curtains--they're turquoise and then I ironed on some polka dots---this was way brighter than I am used to and reminded me of a circus---so, now I have these black ones with the cute ruffle strip.
 My Reading corner---remember the chair---then I found some cute black materials to cover pillow forms. Each of the pillow have a brightly colored cording around them.
On the wall of the reading corner I made some posters in Photoshop of quotes from books. I really like this wall, but I'm thinking it might need one more frame (I always think in odd numbers)
This is one of the best things I've ever done. I took paint cans, covered them in scrapbook paper and store extra supplies in them. I love them!!!!
Here are my wooden READ letter and lampshade.
Pretty much the only I bought to do all this is material and one more pillow form. Everything else I already had----ohh--and spray paint.
I have redone all my labels and tags to match the color scheme. I'm hoping it is too girly--but I really like it. However, I don't think I will undertake changing it all up again for a LONG time.
My room may look good, but I am far from being ready for school on Monday. I will be spending a lot of time at the school tomorrow. Maybe with no one else there and no more computers to fix, I will get something DONE.  Then, I look forward to sleeping all day on Sunday because I am exhausted.

1 comment:

  1. I love all these bright colors. I'm betting the kids will love them also. Great job...good luck on Monday.

    ReplyDelete