Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Doors

It is teacher appreciation week--at our school the PTO decorates each staff member's door. I helped my sister-in-law do the door for her kindergartner. He stays for the afternoon through a program called KinderKamp. There are 12 students who stay for the afternoon, and they LOVE their teacher (and she absolutely loves them). She is only an aide, doing a teacher's job--but she puts so much into making sure those kids succeed.

Of course--we had to have a cowboy theme---Joel informed me I was missing spurs and a horse. The teacher told me the cowboy needed dimples and the boots on the wrong feet and then it would be perfect.

Then there is my door. I LOVE it and think it is the coolest one in the school (well, except for the cowboy). The students each got to write something about me on it--which is always fun to see what they have to say--bright, technology, sporty, funny, nuts.  It really is amusing to see what they write. It is a very awesome door and I appreciate all the work that went into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment