Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Texture Block

When we were at The Wood Connection, we decided to buy the texture cream that they sell there. The projects they have done with it are really cool...however, it is a little pricey. But, we needed a craft idea for a family reunion and we thought this would be a great idea (we didn't end up doing the craft). It was really, really easy. So, I found  a quote that I liked, and made it cute in PhotoShop. It had you glue the picture on the wood block. Then, you put this texture cream on, which must be toxic because I had to wear gloves, and it tells you  not to get in contact with your skin. So, you roll it out on your picture, then it creates a texture like canvas, which you can kind of tell in the picture. It makes it look really nice. Notice the weird little flecks in it? That is where I put the cream on..it took me a few seconds to figure out how to roll it out right and I think it ate through the picture. Cool project though!! Pictures would look awesome, especially done in a vintage look.

No comments:

Post a Comment