Saturday, January 15, 2011

American Revolution

Well, it's been a few weeks since I have posted (or anyone else!) There is nothing like being thrown back into school just when your mind starts getting used to not thinking about it. And boy, was I thrown back into things. We are wrapping up our study on the American Revolution that we started in my class about 3 months ago. As a celebration (I guess you can call it that---not what I'm thinking at the moment though)---the entire 5th grade puts on a play about the Revolution. Every students has a part (about 75) and they all wear costumes---and we put this on in a week. So, for the past two weeks, my mind has been racing and trying to be as prepared as possible. We have handed out parts and starting on Tuesday we will be practicing every day. On Thursday afternoon we do a dress rehearsal and Friday we do it for parents. It is a quick---and very stressful week. But, it is one of my very favorite things we do all year. So, we have been preparing. My mom has made many, many costumes and each year we add a few--so we've been figuring that out. Then, I have props that need to get ready and yesterday I hauled my dad over to the school to put the scenery up. (yeah---don't ask why the other two teachers aren't doing anything!) I am really stressed and worried about it, but it will turn out okay....and the kids LOVE it...so that makes it worth it.
These are some props I've been working on today.

This is a glimpse into the costumes we have. A LOT of WORK!!


I just want to prove to everyone that I've haven't been being lazy (well, maybe a little of that). I might post some more pictures of the actual event, though I don't want to bore you with it all, but it's so much work and ends up so good, that I might have to brag about it.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of costumes. Looks like something we might have to do at a family reunion or something. Shouldn't let all those go to waste. I think everyone knows you'd never be lazy!

    ReplyDelete