Wednesday, August 4, 2010

let the work begin

Well, I have a little over a week and I need to be ready for school. I know, absolutely crazy, and I'm starting to stress. So, a lot of my "creativity" will be happening in my classroom the next little while. I went in for about 4 hours today and I got all the 'furniture' moved and into place. We have to pretty much pack up all of our stuff, so they can come in and clean really well. I am happy because it was clean, it's just a pain to put everything back. Of course, I can never make up my mind where to put stuff. Luckily, I was able to leave some things on the wall this year, which means I don't have too much to put back up on walls. After I get all the physical space arranged, I have to move onto what we're going to do. Even though this will be my eighth year (crazy, huh!!), it still take so much work to get ready for a new class. I think that's a good thing, and I don't want to lose my desire to have the very best for my students.


I am worried about this year, we are operating with fewer people, and a lot less money. We used to get a little bit of money that we could decide what to buy, but that's gone now. I used that money to do all the extras for my kids like holiday crafts and gifts for parents. Now, if I choose to do that, I pay for it out of my pocket. It's unfortuate that we are having to pass some of the costs on to parents, but I'm really not sure how we could do otherwise. We've been told pretty much all of our money will go towards paper and copying. But, my students deserve the best. I truly believe that we can create memories in school, and I want to do that. It's just hard, and I wish it wasn't--but we'll make the best of it....because that's what we have!
...(sorry for my soapbox, it's just been on my mind a lot, and I needed to get it out)

No comments:

Post a Comment