Sunday, November 28, 2010

Countdown to Christmas


I have been getting some things done in  my time off and I will post them throughout the week. This little project I just did last night, but I am so excited about it, that I will share it first. I thought it would be fun to have a little countdown to Christmas on my classroom door.  (One of the other teachers has a candy countdown she does, which I may still incorporate.) So, I bought this cool frame at DI before Halloween---it was very ugly gold---I spray painted it red---in the freezing cold last night.  Then I cut the words out with my Silhouette--they are applied on top of the glass. Next I cut a piece of scrapbook paper, which is sitting behind the glass. One of the coolest things on this is the little spot for the number---it is chalkboard vinyl---way cool...I just cut the little design on my Silhouette. I can definitely see cool things coming with this. Can you tell I like it??  I am going to hang it on my classroom door (I think)---and let the kids change the day.

1 comment:

  1. How did the markers work? I think that frame is better than the $20.00 ones

    ReplyDelete